I have really enjoyed creating this TAG-IT using the lovely Freida and even more so getting to grips with DISTRESS OXIDES, what with 12 new colours being released at the end of the month what better time than now!
JANUARY - FUNKY FREIDA
Decembers Monthly make or Funky Freida and Woodland Vine
#8 size Kraft, Craft Tag from Inkssentials
Distress Oxides: antique linen, fossilized amber, Spiced Marmalade, peeled paint, wilted violet, peacock feathers, walnut stain & fired brick
Distress Inks: crushed olive, mermaid lagoon, tea dye
Archival Ink: Shadow Grey, Jet Black, Sepia
Clear Ink Pad
Crafty Roo Ravens Night Embossing powder
Ribbon, string, washi tape
Tools: Paint brush, scissors, Kitchen roll, heat gun, 3d glue & glue
1. Using kitchen roll and the palest colour start to add colour to your tag. Remember when working with Oxides to change your blending tool (Kitchen roll) for each colour as the will contaminate each other easily!
2. Using the Funky Woodland Vine stamp, spritz the stamp using water and stamp it onto the tag. Remove the water from the tag using Kitchen roll, repeat until the tag is covered.
3. In Archival Grey Shadow ink stamp the Funky Woodland Vine over the tag.
4. Place a small amount of the Oxide ink onto the back of your stamping block or glass mat, next to it spritz some water. Using a paint brush colour in the grey stamped vines.
5. Using Distress Inks distress around the edge of the tag.
6. Stamp 2 Funky Freida's onto the Handmade paper in Black Archival Ink.
7. Add colour to Freida using Oxides. On one use the paler colours for her lower face, tummy, feet and tail end. And on the other use the darker colours for her main body,
8. Using Sepia Archival Ink stamp the Woodland Vine over Freidas Tummy and head. Colour this in as before using the Oxides.
9. Cut out the whole of the paler Freida, then out of the other cut out the top part of the head and the tail, legs and shoulders. Glue these together.
10. Cut a strip of Handmade paper wide enough for your word and about 1/3 of the length of the tag. Colour and stamp this as we did for the tag.
11. Around the edge of the tag stamp the small flourish in clear ink, add the embossing powder and heat to set.
12. Stamp the word onto the handmade paper using the
clear ink and embossing powder again. Once heat set crunch up the paper, then distress lightly over the top.
14. Pop a mixture of ribbons, string and washi tape through the hole in your tag.
15. Using 3d Glue attach Freida and your word to your tag.