Art Journalling to me is all about just letting go, breath and create! Nothing more nothing less just craft! And this is what I did I started with the idea of using hessian and well it evolved from there....
JANUARY - FUNKY FREIDA
A piece hessian about A4 inside
Acrylic Paint: Lots of colours
Distress Oxides: gathered twigs
Archival Ink: Jet Black
Tools: Sponges, Bubble wrap, Paint brush, scissors, Kitchen roll, 3d glue & glue
1) Cut a piece of hessian about the same size as a double page in your journal.
2) Tape it onto your glass mat to stop it slipping.
3) Wipe your POLY PLATE with a baby wipe and apply Acrylic Paint to it. Stamp it onto the hessian.
4) Repeat this until you are happy with how your background is looking.
5) I highlighted the corners using metallic paint, painted onto bubble wrap and pressed onto the hessain. Again add a much or as little as you would like.
6) When it is dry stamp the Woodland Vine across the base of the fabric in black paint. Remember you can rotate this 180 degrees to make longer vines.
7) Make sure all the paint is dry and start to add your stitching. I started with the green vines and added some cream around the edges of the Pentagons.
8) Onto some felt stamp the flowers from the Woodland Vine, and cut these out.
9) Stitch these into place leaving room for Freida. Add beads and embellishments as you go.
10) Onto some handmade paper stamp the fox twice. Distress it gently with Distress Oxides.
11) Cut out all of one of the foxes. And then just the top part of the head, the body minus the yummy and tail minus the end. Glue these together.
12) Onto some green handmade paper and stamp the leaves of the vine in Archival Black ink and cut out.
13) Onto some bright handmade paper stamp "BE YOU" again in archival black and cut out.
14) Glue the hessian into your journal.
15) Attach all the cut out pieces of handmade paper.